After reading Chapter 576 of the manga, I got the urge to discuss this topic here since both the "One Piece" and the name 'D' was mentioned. In my opinion the "One Piece" is something that will ultimately reveal the true history of the "Void Century". As far as we know there was an "Ancient Kingdom" that was a giant and powerful kingdom that was destroyed by the Twenty Kingdoms (which later would evolve into the World Government), this give me an impression that the "Will of 'D' " or the people with the name of 'D' are the descendant of this "Ancient Kingdom". LouieXI 01:24, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- That's what most people believe and I think we are on the right track with this one! MasterDeva 02:02, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- It does seem their all linked somehow, at least OP and the D. seemed to be. One-Winged Hawk 23:45, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
So, One Piece = Rio Poniglyph? That kinda makes sense based on what we know. Aliandro Operator 04:53, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I updated the mythbusters page this morning (for me its 08:18), to add some of the past common speculations. Some are more poetic then others I must say. One-Winged Hawk 08:19, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for doing so. But am I to understand that because not "much" info is available on both OP and RP its considered a myth? I don't want to spark a debate here, 'cuz I know its not the place, am just trying to understand. Thanks again! Aliandro Operator 16:45, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Its the forums, we can talk about what we want here. I updated Mythbusters because you reminded me of what I didn't do in my last update of that page. ;-) One-Winged Hawk 17:37, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
-Face Palm- I just read some of the replies and I thought you only mentioned "links" to "forums", so I thought I should just be on the safe/idiot-side. Lol.
So, since this is the forum, what are your thoughts of OP being RP? I mean
The RP is the most perfect poniglyph, so to speak, of the Void Century, thus a literal one piece, and the Will of D. is known to have been passed down throughout the ages and the next up is Monkey D. Luffy who is the one most probably going to wage war against the World Government. Either him or Dragon as they both have VERY strong reasons for doing so. Not forgetting to include that Gol D. Roger could "hear the voice of all things" and "heard" what was on RP and the poniglyph on Skypeia and thus came to his and his crew's conclusion of the void century but we still don't know how he "wrote" the message and left it on the Skypeian poniglyph.
So.... Any ideas? :)
- You don't need the spoiler alert, its a theory, not a spoiler. ;-)
- I've heard just about every possible reason the d. now but I'll agree, like the rio it will be resolved towards the end. One-Winged Hawk 21:16, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Lol, thanks Hawk. I just really hates spoilers and any info that might "spoil" something even if it's used in a theory, so I didn't want to mess it up for others. Anyway, any ideas on how Gol D. Roger "wrote" the message on the Skypeian Poneglyph? The others am pretty sure will be revealed towards the ends of course, but I can't get this out of my mind. Aliandro Operator 04:21, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, a little structing involved, sorry. Man, don't worry we were all new to this at some point.
- He couldn't actually speak the language, but he could hear "the voice of all things". The voice properly instructed him how to write the message. It als properly told him that it was ness. for Robin's sake (I doubt he would know it was her spercifically) to leave the message there. One-Winged Hawk 08:52, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, man. Yeah, that does make sense. A bit off-topic here, but do you think Oda will, at some point, release a key for translating the ancient language later on? Kinda of like the Rosetta Stone for poneglyphs or something like that? Aliandro Operator 04:28, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Doubt it, because once you release a code for something it means that from then on your restricted. Not releasing a code means no one has a clue your drawing random mumble jumble. One-Winged Hawk 07:04, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
True. But I was thinking that since someone pointed out in SBS that Oda hid some Kanji there (forgot what it was), I thought he might have actually made up some stuff that actually made sense, and thus would release the code for it 'after' its all done. Anyway, thats just a silly hope of mine xD Aliandro Operator 07:10, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
- That was Pandaman, Oda hid his name in the text. It was his way to sneak in a PAndaman appearance since they were underground alone there was no way Oda could sneak him in the scene physically. One-Winged Hawk 07:55, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
Yep! That's the one. Thanks for that. Am heading off to ch579... Again. Damn that was epic. Aliandro Operator 04:59, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
New here but It also seems that there is a certian D that Gol was waiting for because when Whitebeard looked at Blackbeard he told him that he wasn't the one and that even though they killed Gol's bloodline the flame would never go out I think the flame is the will of D he also said something about them being here for centuries and that one man would carry all the centuries on his back and when he finds one piece a great war will start that would destroy the world goverment he makes it seem that you have to have the will of D too aquire one piece . Saracen 12:56, July 15th 2010(UTC)
I think the "Will of D" means the "Will of Dreams" MegaFan
I think the people with the name of 'D' are the descendant of this "Ancient Kingdom" and the "One Piece" will ultimately reveal the true history of the "Void Century", be it the "Rio Poneglyph" or not. I think that people with the name of 'D' are the only ones that can translate, activate or use the "One Piece". LouieXI 11:01, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
One thing that is important to remember is Saul had a D. Jaguar D Saul clearly was a real D, but knew absolutely nothing of what it meant. Now, Saul was a giant, while every other D shown so far was human. The D families seen so far (not counting Blackbeard) are Gol, Portgas, Jaguar, and Monkey. Jaguar family wasn't human, and Saul said his whole family had the D. This means that there are other Ds who aren't human. Of the races seen so far, it is likely that all of them have a D family. This would include Giants, Humans, Longarms, Fishmen, Merfolk, Shandians (maybe Skypians and Birkans), and others. The Will of D could really be an attempt to unite all the races against the Nobles and Government who (a stretch here) might not be any of the races, but a race who went to enslave all the other races.
I think that we are all close with the idea of Survivors of the Ancient Kingdom, But i think its not just any survivor, I think they may have been the blood line of the Monarchs of the ancient kingdom, Like Nobles i guess but of a country that wasnt ridiculous and beaurocratic (Like the Goa Kingdom Nobles) and I think that the will of d. has something to do with the devil fruits to. Maybe the ancient kingdom created them? I think it might Mean the Will of the Devil in a way, As in the devil fruits, and maybe D. members can all aquire multiple fruits, like Teach.
Teachs gravity ability with the Yami Yami no Mi allows him to suck in the devils power, so maybe he just sucked up Whitebeards Devil fruit at death and its his blood of d that makes him able to use it? - Strawhat Alexander
BB don't have gravity ability.