|This article about an anime episode is a stub. You can help the One Piece Encyclopedia by expanding it.|
|I Want to See Them! Luffy's Tearful Scream|
|← Previous||Episode 505||Next →|
"I Want to See Them! Luffy's Tearful Scream" is the 505th episode of the One Piece anime.
Meanwhile, Garp visits Foosha Village and sinks three pirate ships on his way. He assures the villagers that the village will be protected under his name. Dadan then storms out of Makino's bar and pummels Garp for not doing anything to save Ace at the war. Makino stops Dadan from doing anymore harm, and says that Garp must be the one suffering them most. Dadan says that that's not true, and that Luffy must be the one suffering the most because he loved his brother so much. This causes Makino to run away in tears after remembering Ace and Luffy in their childhood. Garp later tells everyone that Luffy has probably escaped and is still alive. Dadan says Luffy is stupid, but she would take his side no matter what type of pirate he becomes. She then yelled at the top of her voice "Luffy do not be defeated."
In the New World, the Red Hair Pirates and the remaining Whitebeard Pirates tend to Ace's and Whitebeard's burials. Marco thanks Shanks for all his help. Silently, Shanks tells Luffy it is okay to cry, but more importantly, to move on.
Back on Amazon Lily, Luffy continues to blame his weakness on his failure at saving Ace. Jinbe tells him to stop, but Luffy says that since it his body he can do whatever he wants with it. Jinbe replies by saying that if so, then Ace's body was his own as well and he was free to die, regardless of what we wanted. Luffy starts to fight Jinbe, but Jinbe easily defeats him. Jinbe finally stops him, and implores him to see not what he has lost, but what he still has. Reminded of his friends, Luffy calms down and, in tears, expresses his wish to see them again.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- Garp sinking pirate ships is shown with him sinking three, whereas in the manga he only sank one.
- An additional scene is added in which Dadan was drinking before Garp's return.
- Dadan's fight with Garp is interrupted much sooner than in the manga.
- Luffy's thoughts of his crew are extended, to the point they are seen calling his name.
- In some of Luffy's thoughts of Franky, he is seen with a regular nose instead of his metal one.
- The preview for the next episode is shortened from its usual length.