|This article about an anime episode is a stub. You can help the One Piece Encyclopedia by expanding it.|
"Looking for the Answer - Fire Fist Ace Dies on the Battlefield" is the 483rd episode of the One Piece anime.
Ace is punched by a magma fist through the back by Admiral Akainu, and falls into Luffy's arms. He then thinks about his past, and remembers his goal in life: To find out whether or not he had deserved to be born. Akainu proceeds to attack Luffy, but Jinbe stops his advance. Marco and Vista then rush to the aid of Luffy and strike Akainu with Haki imbued attacks, but realize they are ineffective against the admiral. As everyone else stares in shock at Ace's wounds, they deduce that his organs were burned beyond help, and tell Luffy that Ace will not make it. Just as Ace dies, he thanks Luffy for everything and everyone for loving him. Luffy is then seen crying for the loss of his brother.
|This is an empty section. Please help the wiki by adding information to it.|
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- In the manga, there was smoke coming out of the wound Akainu inflicted on Ace. In the anime episode however, there was only smoke when the wound was inflicted. This was possibly done due to the violent and disturbing effect the smoke added to the scene, along with covering Ace in less blood to make it less graphic.
- In the manga, there were several Whitebeard Pirates and allies that were around Ace and Luffy protecting them and witnessing the final moments of Ace. In the anime, were removed, but in some scenes had some pirates behind the two brothers.
- In the anime, when Akainu tried to punch Ace a second time, Jinbe, stopped the blow with his two hands. In the manga, he only used one hand.
- The following additions were made to stretch out the length of the chapter into twenty minutes of animation:
- Mr. 3 wasn't present when Marco demanded his handcuffs to be removed, but instead someone went to fetch him.
- Whitebeard tried to stop Akainu but was attacked by Kizaru.
- A medic did get a chance to look at Ace's wound.
- Luffy asked Ivankov to use his Vigor Hormones to save Ace.
- A few flashbacks of Luffy and Whitebeard arriving at Marineford were shown.
- This episode does not contain an opening narration, and the next episode preview is also shortened, possibly to allow for more time to focus on the severity and impact of Ace's death.