"Perverted Connection? Sanji's Stolen Dream" is the 359th episode of the One Piece anime.
It looked like the end for Sanji as Absalom used his Devil Fruit ability, but Sanji comes back with anger and starts beating Absalom to death, after revealing he always desired the Suke Suke no Mi, the Devil Fruit which allowed Absalom to turn invisible. Meanwhile, Luffy is still having trouble with Gekko Moriah's Shadow, the Doppleman, who uses him to turn into bats. Luffy finally finds a way to attack Moriah by using Gomu Gomu no Stamp. The Horo Horo fruit user, Perona, is still being chased by Usopp who in turn is being chased by Kumashi, but Perona gets away. Usopp stops Kumashi and catches up to Perona who is floating in mid air out the window; she then calls herself the "Ghost Princess".
|This is an empty section. Please help the wiki by adding information to it.|
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- The Japanese broadcast of this episode was censored due to the resemblance with the still recent Akihabara massacre, in which a man stabbed at least 12 people with a dagger, killing 4 of them. These changes involved the removal of shots, alterations to the original animation and the replacement or removal of some sound effects.
- In the TV version, Absalom kicks Sanji in the back to throw him off balance rather than stabbing him. Oddly, Sanji's comment about getting blood on Nami's dress is retained.
- In the TV version Absalom's footsteps give him away rather than stepping in a pool of blood. The mark he leaves is retained, but is apparently left on the floor.
- In the uncut version, Absalom spits blood from his mouth during his final attack. This blood is removed in the TV version.
- The Japanese DVD release, as well as some international releases, contain the uncut version with the stabbing scene intact.
- Strangely, the FUNimation English dub uses the altered sound effects from the Japanese TV version, despite the English DVD release including both the uncut visuals and the uncut Japanese audio.
- When Sanji removes the knife from his back, the knife was covered with blood, but when he throws it away it was seen clear.