Elbaf is the name of an island inhabited by giants.
Citizens of ElbafEdit
Elbaf is the home of the giants although not all giants come from there. Known characters that come from Elbaf are:
|Hajrudin||Blyue ≠||Panz Fry ≠||Lily Enstomach ≠|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Brogy and Dorry revealed that everyone in Elbaf heavily believes in honor. If there was any sort of dispute or argument between any giants, the god of Elbaf would decide which one would die and one would survive.
Elbaf is also used as a term of pride (ie. "I am the mightiest warrior from Elbaf!").
At some point in the last 100 years, before the current storyline, a pirate crew of Giants was formed, led by Dorry and Brogy. They left Elbaf and caused enough turmoil in the world to have gained a bounty of 100 million each.
Elbaf comes up again during the Enies Lobby Arc when it is revealed that Oimo and Kashi, who were the crewmates of Dorry and Brogy, come from there as well. They had been fighting for the World Government as they told the two Giants that their captains, Dorry and Brogy, were being held captive by them. However, this was proven to be a lie by Usopp as he told them that the Straw Hat Pirates had met them. They soon sided with him and fought for their side. In the Post-Enies Lobby Arc, Oimo and Kashi wanted Usopp to go with them to Elbaf but Usopp decided to rejoin his friends.
Elbaf was mentioned again during Z's Ambition Arc when Usopp asks if Lily and her father Panz Fry were from Elbaf. She confirmed and Usopp then told her they were friends with Dorry and Brogy which surprised her. She then told Usopp that although she had never met Dorry and Brogy, they were legendary on Elbaf and that Panz Fry had been friends with them since they were all children and he talks about them all the time.
Hajrudin is a new generation of giants of Elbaf, and he joined the Corrida Colosseum in the (failed) attempt to win the Mera Mera no Mi, thinking that a giant with a Logia-class Devil Fruit would be worthy to rule above all giants.
- Elbaf is "fable" spelled backwards.
- According to Jaguar D. Saul, not all giants are from Elbaf, and that he did not share the beliefs of the island's residents, to which he deemed "barbaric".
- Oars is not of Elbaf origins.
- ↑ One Piece 15th Anniversary: Dive to Grand World (p. 13), it is stated that Elbaf is in the New World.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 13 Chapter 117, There is an Eternal Pose to Elbaf, hence it must be in the Grand Line.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 41 Chapter 392 and Episode 275, Jaguar D. Saul tells little Nico Robin that not every Giant comes from Elbaf.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 13 Chapter 116 and Episode 71, Dorry reveals a code of Elbaf citizens.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 13 Chapter 118 and Episode 72, Mr. 3 tells Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine about Dorry and Brogy.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 72 Chapter 714 and Episode 644.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 49, Fan Question: Oars might be very big, but is he a giant? Does he come from Elbaf?