The Reverie (literally translated as "World Council") is a council formed by the World Government which consists of the world's greatest leaders of various kingdoms.
As this is a meeting of leaders of nations, a full scale war could be initiated if one king simply insults another. An example is when Wapol purposely hit Nefeltari Vivi as an act of revenge against her father, Cobra, after he scolded Wapol for his selfishness. Due to Vivi's and Cobra's kindness, they did not retaliate with war, and Wapol was simply angry and left. The possibility for conflict is heightened due to the extreme range of viewpoints among the kings.
|Dalton||Elizabello II||Nefeltari Cobra||Neptune||Riku Dold III|
|Stelly||Wapol||Vinsmoke Family *||Thalassa Lucas *||?????|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Nefeltari Cobra: King of the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Neptune: King of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Riku Dold III: King of the Dressrosa Kingdom.
- Wapol: King of the Black Drum Kingdom.
- Dalton: King of the Sakura Kingdom.
- Stelly: King of the Goa Kingdom.
- Elizabello II: King of the Prodence Kingdom.
- King of the Ilusia Kingdom.
- King of the Kano Country.
- Vinsmoke Family: Rulers of the Germa Kingdom, and former dynastic rulers of North Blue.
- Thalassa Lucas: King of Ilusia Kingdom. Participated eight years ago in the discussion about Monkey D. Dragon.
Sometimes, the king would be traveling with a party of the royal family, palace staff, and\or royal guards. Known companions are:
- Princess Nefeltari Vivi, Royal Guard Captain Igaram, Head Guards Chaka and Pell, and royal pet super spot-billed duck Carue from the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Princess Shirahoshi, and princes Fukaboshi, Ryuboshi, and Manboshi from the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Princess Viola and "lady in waiting" Rebecca from the Dressrosa Kingdom.
- Queen Miss Universe and pet Hakowan from the the Black Drum Kingdom.
- Kureha from the Sakura Kingdom.
- Queen Sarie Nantokanette from the Goa Kingdom.
- Princess Nefeltari Vivi and Royal Guard Captain Igaram from the Alabasta Kingdom. Accompanied king Nefeltari Cobra eight years ago and interacted with Wapol, then king of the Drum Kingdom.
- Former Chief Royal Guard Dalton from the Drum Kingdom. Accompanied king Wapol eight years ago and witness the interaction of Wapol with princess Vivi.
Monkey D. DragonEdit
Eight years ago, participants discussed Dragon and his actions, stating that within four to five years he would be a major threat to the World Government. This caused a conflict between Nefeltari Cobra and Wapol when Wapol would not take the threat seriously.
16 years ago, Queen Otohime, in an effort to get fishmen and merfolk to grow closer to humans, made a proposal to relocate Ryugu Kingdom to the surface. She wanted to present this wish at the Reverie that year, and asked her kingdom's citizens for signatures.
15 years ago, King Neptune stated that he would not be allowed to attend the next Reverie due to the recent incident of Fisher Tiger raiding Mariejois and liberating slaves, which caused Fishman Island's standing to fall.
10 years ago, Otohime went to Mariejois and returned with an official letter from a World Noble, supporting her cause to relocate Ryugu Kingdom. She stated that the plan could be realistically put into action if enough signatures are collected by the next Reverie.
8 years ago, a Reverie was held, with the participants including Thalassa Lucas, Nefeltari Cobra and Wapol. During the meeting, Lucas brought up the Revolutionary Dragon, labeling his ideologies "dangerous" and stating that he would become a great threat to the World Government in 4-5 years. Wapol disregarded this as not concerning his country, which prompted Cobra to scold him for his irresponsibility. After the meeting Wapol came across Cobra's daughter Vivi and purposefully hit her as revenge against Cobra. Vivi, however, simply apologized in order to avoid conflict between their countries.
Over 50 countries ruled by royal families are planning to attend this year's meeting. Among them are the Nefeltari Family of Alabasta, Stelly and his wife, Sarie of Goa Kingdom, Wapol and Miss Universe of Black Drum Kingdom, Dalton of Sakura Kingdom, the Riku Family of Dressrosa, Elizabello II of Prodence Kingdom, and the king of Kano Country. Several rulers are traveling with an entourage from their kingdoms. Some of the participants are shown traveling with Marines escorting them, while some refused it.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
Despite no longer ruling any land, the Vinsmoke Family, as the ruling family of the maritime Germa Kingdom, retain the status and the privileges of royalty, including the right to attend Reverie. However, Vinsmoke Judge expects the family's activities will imminently lead the World Government to strip them of this right.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 16 Chapter 142 (p. 6-8) and Episode 91, A Council of the Kings meeting is seen in a flashback; Cobra refers to it as "Reverie".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 823 (p. 2-10) and Episodes 777–778, The kings gather for this year's Reverie.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 626 (p. 4) and Episode 546, 10 years ago, Otohime presents the letter from a World Noble.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 16 Chapter 142 (p. 6) and Episode 91, The issue of Dragon is in debate.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 620 (p. 13) and Episode 539, Hachi states that Ryugu Kingdom joined the World Government 200 years ago, and the King was granted a spot in the Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 621 (p. 9) and Episode 540, 16 years ago, Otohime states her wish to relocate Ryugu Kingdom and asks for signatures to present at that year's Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 622 (p. 4) and Episode 540, 15 years ago, Neptune states they won't be allowed to attend the next Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 826 (p. 13) and Episode 785, Vinsmoke Reiju reveals that her family has been invited to attend Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 84 Chapter 839 (p. 2-3) and Episode 800, Judge speaks of how they will soon lose their rights to attend the Reverie.