Perospero is a tall and slim man with very bushy hair gathered at the back of his head, a pointed nose, and a very large tongue. He wears a long, light-colored jacket with a tall collar; its top buttons resemble large, striped pieces of candy. His fingernails are pointed and painted, and he wears a large striped hat with lollipop-shaped objects on its rim and two polka-dotted drapes on the sides. His shoes appear to each have a long tip spiraling inward.
Perospero takes much joy in the idea of turning Caesar Clown into candy and licking him, indicating some degree of sadism. Like his mother, he has a strong fondness for sweets, demonstrated when he gluttonously licked a giant candy cane while introducing Caesar to his new laboratory. He refers to people like he would candy, calling them "sweet".
Like many other people, he has a unique laugh: "Kukukuku".
Charlotte Perospero is currently watching Caesar Clown during his research. Perospero has Caesar's heart and threatens to turn him into candy if he does not finish his work in two weeks.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As Minister of Candy, Perospero has authority over one of the islands in Totto Land. He is also a talented candy craftsman; at his mother's request, he constructed an exact replica of Caesar's laboratory in Punk Hazard out of candy.
At some point, Perospero was ordered by his mother to construct a lab identical to Caesar Clown's lab on Punk Hazard. After creating the lab with candy and including all the details displayed in the blueprints his mother obtained, Perospero reinforced the building with iron to ensure no hazards or safety risks.
Totto Land ArcEdit
After Big Mom gave Caesar Clown another chance to complete his gigantification research and revealed that they already had a lab for him to work in, Perospero came to the lab with Caesar, whose heart he had recently obtained after Sanji gave it to Vito. Squeezing Caesar's heart to make him flinch in pain, Perospero threatened to turn him into candy and lick him if he did not complete his research in two weeks.
After Luffy and Nami were captured by Big Mom's army, Perospero went to the Prisoner Library to watch the captive Straw Hats on display inside a book before Big Mom talked to them from a Den Den Mushi.
After Big Mom finished her conversation with the prisoners, Perospero laughed at how Luffy had challenged her. Anglais then arrived to inform Perospero and his siblings that an intruder broke into the Room of Treasure.
- Perospero shares his mother's crew's fairy tale and fantasy fiction theme:
- His name is possibly a pun on "pero pero", the Japanese sound effect for licking, and Prospero, a powerful sorcerer from William Shakepeare's play The Tempest.
- He is similar to candymaker Willy Wonka from the Roald Dahl novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with his large top hat, coat, and cane. Additionally, they can both make unique candies, and are involved with giant production facilities associated with sweets.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 83 Chapter 834 (p. 15), Perospero appears on the path near Caesar.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 One Piece Manga — Vol. 83 Chapter 834 (p. 16), Perospero's infobox reveals that he is the eldest son of the Charlotte Family, the Minister of Candy, and the user of the Pero Pero no Mi.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 847 (p. 8), Perospero's name is romanized.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 847 (p. 8).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 847 (p. 8-16).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 848.