Compote is a very large and heavyset woman with a strong resemblance to her mother, Big Mom. She has a large nose, prominent lips, and very long and bushy teal hair. She wears a light purple frilly dress as well as a large bowl of fruit parfait on her head.
Compote has a calm and serious demeanor, as she did not react when Jinbe stood up to Big Mom. She was also one of the few siblings who maintained her composure during Big Mom's cake-driven rampage.
Having took part in the Vinsmokes assassination plot, Compote can be considered very loyal to her family and crew. In fact, Compote was silently displeased when Jinbe betrayed the Big Mom Pirates and went against her mother.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As Minister of Fruits, Compote has authority over Fruits Island in Totto Land. When Vito was looking through the attendants at the wedding, he noted that Compote was one of several "monsters" present there, comparing her to her younger Sweet Commander siblings Katakuri and Smoothie, which implies formidable strength. She is shown to have a strong will, being able to withstand Big Mom's Haoshoku Haki and remain conscious from her loud screams.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
Compote attended Big Mom's Tea Party and wedding ceremony for Charlotte Pudding and Vinsmoke Sanji. After Monkey D. Luffy started causing chaos at the wedding venue, Compote witnessed Jinbe officially resigning from the Big Mom Pirates.
As Big Mom assaulted the fortress that the Straw Hats, Fire Tank Pirates, and Vinsmoke Family were hiding in, the Big Mom Pirates stood by and prepared to attack anyone who leaves the fortress. Right after Bege transformed back into human form and the Vinsmoke Family jumped out, the Big Mom Pirates fired a volley of bullets at them, but Ichiji and Niji blocked them.
Just when the Big Mom Pirates routed Luffy's group, Bege's crew, and the Vinsmoke Family, the Tamatebako dropped to the base of the chateau and exploded, causing the castle to topple over. The Big Mom Pirates were saved when Streusen used his ability to turn the falling castle into soft cake. Compote then stood with some of her siblings and crew, reflecting on recent events. They were then alerted by Smoothie and were surprised to see Big Mom having a craving illness for wedding cake.
Later, Compote, Daifuku, Smoothie, and other forces of the Big Mom Pirates assembled a fleet to hunt down the Straw Hats, the Fire Tank Pirates, and the Sun Pirates before any of them could escape Totto Land. Compote appeared again at Whole Cake Island as Mont-d'Or promised Morgans that the Straw Hats would be crushed by the Big Mom Pirates' forces.
- Compote is a European dessert dish in which chopped fruits are cooked with sweet spices and mixed with sugar syrup to eat, fitting with the Charlotte Family's food-themed names.
- Her outfit, particularly her fruity hat, is somewhat reminiscent of Carmen Miranda.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 860 (p. 16-17), Compote appears during the Tea Party.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 861 (p. 2-3), Vito identifies Compote.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 869 (p. 16), Compote is confirmed to be a member of the Big Mom Pirates.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 88, Perospero is revealed to be 50 years old. Since the third child, Katakuri, is 48, and Big Mom gave birth once a year, this means that Compote is around 49.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 873 (p. 3), Compote's name is romanized.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 863 (p. 18-19), Compote witnesses Jinbe leaving the Big Mom Pirates.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 873 (p. 5-11), Compote is seen during Big Mom's rampage.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 870 (p. 3, 14), Compote is seen with her crew during the siege on Big Father.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 885 (p. 14-15), The Big Mom Pirates prepare to pursue their enemies.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 896.