Chapters are arranged by volume, with their appropriate volume titles and chapters listed underneath. Chapter and volume titles include Japanese text, romaji transcription, and English translation of each title, along with the titles assigned by VIZ Media in its English adaptation.
One Piece is published as a serial in the manga anthology magazine, Weekly Shonen Jump. As the magazine's name suggests, a new issue of Jump (and thus a new chapter of One Piece) is released on a weekly basis. Factoring in double issues of the magazine and personal hiatuses taken by Eiichiro Oda, however, approximately 45-48 chapters are published per year. Three to four months after appearing in Jump, these chapters are then compiled into collected volumes, or tankōbon, which contain between 9 to 11 chapters each and run to approximately 208 pages. These volumes also include new cover artwork, storyboard-phase sketches, a question-and-answer column by the author, a section where the character Usopp comments on reader-submitted fan art, and other bonus features. However, due to the economical limitations of the tankōbon format, any art originally printed in color (other than on the dust jacket) is reproduced in grayscale.
Chapters and Volumes by Sagas and ArcsEdit
A quick overview on the Chapters and Volumes by sagas and arcs.
Main Story ArcsEdit
- Further information: Story Arcs
- Buggy's Crew Adventure Chronicles, Chapters 35 to 75, Volumes 4 to 9.
- Diary of Koby-Meppo, Chapters 83 to 119, Volumes 10 to 14.
- Jango's Dance Paradise, Chapters 126 to 172, Volumes 14 to 19.
- Hatchan's Sea-Floor Stroll, Chapters 182 to 228, Volumes 20 to 25.
- Wapol's Omnivorous Hurrah, Chapters 236 to 262, Volumes 25 to 28.
- Ace's Great Blackbeard Search, Chapters 272 to 305 , Volumes 29 to 32.
- Gedatsu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life, Chapters 314 to 348, Volumes 33 to 37.
- Miss Goldenweek's Operation: Meet Baroque Works, Chapters 359 to 413, Volumes 38 to 43.
- Where They Are Now:
- Enel's Great Space Operations, Chapters 428 to 474, Volumes 44 to 49.
- CP9's Independent Report, Chapters 491 to 528, Volumes 50 to 54.
- Straw Hat's Separation Serial, Chapters 543 to 560, Volumes 56 and 57.
- From the Decks of the World, Chapters 613 to 668, Volumes 62 to 68.
- Caribou's Kehihihihi in the New World, Chapters 674 to 731, Volumes 68 to 73.
- Solo Journey of Jinbe, Knight of the Sea, Chapters 751 to 785, Volumes 75 to 78.
- From the Decks of the World: The 500,000,000 Man Arc Chapters 805 to 838, Volumes 80 to 83.
- The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Chapters 864 to 919, Volumes 86 to current
Each volume is released with a dust jacket, featuring the volume cover, spine, Author's Notes, and the publishing information. Each cover is different, commonly feature the volume title, the header, and image featuring Monkey D. Luffy and several other important characters that appear in the volume, and the author's name. The header and author's name on each volume is of different color.
Volume 50 has a different format of cover changes from the standard title, then picture synopsis, to a picture (of Nami), the title (that is surrounded in flames), and is then followed up with the pictures of Zoro, Luffy, and Brook. This change was likely done to commemorate the fiftieth volume of One Piece.
The actual volume has a somewhat different cover, titled "Inside Cover" which are usually a sepia version of the colored dust jacket. However there are some exceptions:
- Volumes 15, 19, 21, 28, 38, and 52 have an image of Pandaman instead.
- The covers for Volumes 21, 28, 71 and 77 covers were the same as the colored covers, but Pandaman replaced other characters. Pandaman can also be found on inside covers for volumes 69 and 72-76.
- Volume 52 had not just Pandaman, but many other Easter Egg characters that have been mentioned in the SBS.
- Volume 63's inside cover showed Otohime's grave and Shirahoshi inside Megalo's mouth with Luffy on top.
The inside back cover usually shows a sea chart. Starting from Volume 25, Oda has started drawing a small ongoing story on the inside back cover of Volumes that can barely be spotted using his Easter Egg characters. here there are also some exceptions:
- Volume 17 has a very small image of Chopper peeking out (from the wrong side, as usual) the bottom corner on the left side.
- Volumes 36-38 being blank due to Pandaman being eaten by a large fish.
- Volume 56 instead has two drawings of Luffy in STRONG WORLD outfits, one on each side of the cover.
- Volumes 62-64 being covered by the message of encouragement and a cover page printed across the page.
At the beginning of each volume there is a grayscale image of Monkey D. Luffy.
- Volume 4, an Q&A section titled "SBS" is published before some of the volume's chapters. Those question are usually answered directly by Oda, and are thus consider canon. Starting
Chapters not yet published in volume formatEdit
The following chapters have appeared in Weekly Shōnen Jump but have yet to be reprinted in tankōbon format, as collected volumes of One Piece are generally released every two to three months.
- 911. Adventure in the Land of Samurai (侍の国の冒険 Samurai no Kuni no Bōken?)
- 912. Amigasa Village (編笠村 Amigasa-mura?)
- 913. Tsuru Returns the Favor (鶴の恩返し Tsuru no Ongaeshi?)
- 914. Okobore Town (おこぼれ町 Okobore-chō?)
- 915. Bakura Town (博羅町 Bakura-chō?)
- 916. Wano Country Grand Sumo Tournament (ワノ国大相撲 Wano Kuni Ōzumō?)
- 917. The Treasure Ship of Provisions (食糧宝船 Shokuryō Takarabune?)
- 918. Luffy-tarou Returns the Favor (ルフィ太郎の恩返し Rufitarō no Ongaeshi?)
- 919. The Ruins of Oden Castle (おでん城跡 Oden-jō Ato?)
- 920. I Love Oden (おでんが好き Oden ga Suki?)
- 921. Shutenmaru (酒天丸 Shutenmaru?)
- 922. Beasts Pirates General: Kaido (百獣海賊団総督 カイドウ Hyakujū Kaizokudan Sōtoku Kaidō?)
- 923. Yonko Kaido vs. Luffy (四皇カイドウ
VSルフィ Yonkō Kaidō Bāsasu Rufi?)
- 924. Ha (は Ha?)
- The covers of Volumes 21, 42, 77, and 87 do not have Monkey D. Luffy on the cover as other volume covers, instead showing the antagonist group of a particular arc (Baroque Works, Cipher Pol 9, Donquixote Pirates, and Big Mom Pirates respectively) with the Straw Hats and their allies appearing on the following cover.
- There have been thirty six unnamed characters so far, who have been appeared on the cover of a volume.
- Sengoku's goat and the unnamed digger on Volume 25.
- Ten zombies on Volume 46.
- Two of Senor Pink's groupies on Volume 74.
- The musketeer zebra mink, the guardian monkey mink and guardian reindeer mink on Volume 81.
- Twelve Homies, five of Big Mom's background singers, an unnamed Dwarf, and a bear (who could be either a mink or another homie) on volume 83.
- Volume 61's cover mirrors Volume 1's cover in that it displays Luffy, Nami, and Zoro, with the addition of the rest of the crew and Thousand Sunny following the timeskip, as they were on the cover of volume 1. They also share similar titles.
- Volume 1 is the only volume to contain 8 chapters, however Chapter 1 is about three times longer than a regular chapter.
- Only four story arcs (the Romance Dawn Arc, the Reverse Mountain Arc, the Return to Sabaody Arc, and the Reverie Arc) have been published entirely within one volume (Volumes 1, 12, 61, and 90 respectfully).
- Ever since the Straw Hat Pirates entered the Grand Line, there has been a chapter named after the islands where they have an adventure called "Adventure in\on ____".
- Occasionally there are chapters named after other places in this format such as when they were in the Florian Triangle and Sea Floor.
- The only exceptions so far are Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, Jaya, Enies Lobby, Marineford, and Reverie arcs.
- It should be noted that the Straw Hats as a whole were not present at Marineford nor the Reverie.
- Volumes 63, 69, and 77 are the only volumes to contain 12 chapters.
- Story Arcs
- One Piece Log Books
- Episode Guide
- Short-Term Focused Cover Page Serials
- One Piece Databooks
- One Piece Novels
- One Piece Omake
- Author's Notes
- Shueisha's One Piece volume listing, with release dates (in Japanese)
- One Piece volume listing at VIZ Media's online store (in English)
- Confirmation of One Piece volume speed up by VIZ
- List of One Piece chapters at Wikipedia