|This article about a manga chapter is a stub. You can help the One Piece Wiki by expanding it.|
Chapter 81 is titled "Tears".
Volume: 9 Pg.: 187
Arlong rejects Nami's request to return her money. He tells her she will have to collect 100,000,000 again or he will destroy the village. In tears, she runs back to prevent the villagers who are starting to rebel. However, they do not listen and agree to attack Arlong Park and make their final stand in freedom as opposed to living in oppression.
Alone and in despair, Nami mutilates herself by stabbing the Arlong tattoo on her arm, a symbol of her misery. Suddenly, Luffy stops her from doing any more harm by grabbing the scissors. Powerless, Nami breaks down and finally asks him to help. Luffy does not need to be asked twice. He hands his precious hat to Nami to keep it safe and gathers his crew. As they depart for Arlong Park, Nami realizes how much Luffy trusts him to leave his hat with her.
At the park, the villagers have been stopped in front of the park's door by Yosaku and Johnny. Thy had been defeated easily by the fishmen and warned the villagers to stop. They told the villagers that they do not have to fight, because people much more powerful then them are coming to assist.
- Arlong breaks his deal with Nami and declares that he will destroy the village.
- Nami asks Luffy for help.
- Nami starts stabbing her tattoo of Arlong's mark.
- The stabbing of her mark signifies her leaving the Arlong Pirates.
- Having overheard Nojiko's story about Nami's past and failed to defeat Arlong on their own, Johnny and Yosaku make it clear to the villagers that only the Straw Hat Pirates have a chance against the fishmen.
- member leaving crew
|Episode of Nami|