Chapter 69 is titled "Arlong Park".
Luffy looks forward to entering the Grand Line with newest Straw Hat Pirate, Sanji. However, Yosaku warns them about the dangers of this sea. In particular he warns them of the presence of the Shichibukai, of which Dracule Mihawk and a fishman pirate named Jinbe belong. He explains that years ago Jinbe had a relation with his strongest lieutenant in the East Blue, Arlong. He suspects that Nami will be near Arlong. Sanji has his doubts as he always trusts beautiful woman and had recently become smitten with Nami. Yosaku mentions that due to Nami's suspicious behavior being connected to their copy of Arlong's wanted poster, he and Johnny suspected earlier that there had to be a connection between Nami and Arlong.
Meanwhile in Arlong Park, base of Arlong's Fishmen pirates, Arlong makes a deal with a Marine, Nezumi. He presses Nezumi to relax and celebrate in the common language that they understand, money. However, Nezumi tells him he must press on before anyone recognizes his ship in port. Suddenly, Nami is introduced as one of the Arlong pirate officers and the only human Arlong can trust.
- Luffy plans to finish recruiting crew members in the Grand Line.
- Luffy mentions that the Grand Line has been called 'a paradise'.
- Yosaku introduces the term of Shichibukai: seven strong pirates hired by the World Government.
- Dracule Mihawk and a fishman named Jinbe are two Shichibukai.
- Arlong was in relation with Jinbe.
- Arlong is drawn without his lips or pointed teeth after his meeting with Nezumi.
- Yosaku is able to provide Luffy and Sanji with the clues that he and Johnny uncovered earlier as to why they believe Nami is heading to Arlong's base of operations: Arlong Park.
- Arlong's wanted poster is seen in a flashback. His bounty is revealed to be 20,000,000.
- Merfolk and fishmen are first mentioned.
- Sanji speaks of an island in the Grand Line named Fishman Island, which he is excited to visit.
- Nami is a member of Arlong's crew.
- In the last panel of the chapter, Usopp is drawn without his iconic long nose.
|Episode of Nami • Episode of East Blue|