Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chapter 576 is titled "The Great Pirate Edward Newgate".
Blackbeard arrives at Marineford with several new crew members. Whitebeard attacks, but Blackbeard and his crew gang up and attack the wounded pirate. Edward Newgate, the most powerful man in the world, dies standing up.
After the escaped Level 6 inmates of Blackbeard's crew have been quickly highlighted, Whitebeard and Blackbeard begin to fight each other. Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi powers negate Whitebeard's Gura Gura no Mi powers but Whitebeard still gains the upper hand as he exclaims that he could never call Blackbeard "son" after everything he has done. There is a flashback of a conversation between Whitebeard and Roger in which Roger offers to tell Whitebeard how to get to Raftel to claim the One Piece. Whitebeard turns him down saying treasure is not what he is after. Roger notes that everyone is calling him Gold Roger when he is Gol D. Roger. Whitebeard inquires about the D and its meaning and Roger tells him off panel.
Meanwhile, as Whitebeard nearly kills Blackbeard by using his quake powers at point blank range. He cryptically says that Blackbeard is not the person Roger was waiting for but rather someone who will bear the weight of all those centuries upon his back (of people passing their will to the next generation) to challenge the world in a massive war. There is another flashback conversation where a much younger Whitebeard tells an unknown pirate that he is not interested in treasure. He just wants family. He apologizes to his sons for leaving Blackbeard for them to deal with, thanks them and bids them a final farewell. Whitebeard is eulogized by the narrator listing all the injuries he had taken in this war yet his back, where his jolly roger is tattooed, bears no marks or scars of retreat as Whitebeard dies standing up.
- The names of the pirates that joined Blackbeard's crew are revealed.
- It is revealed how Luffy and his fellow Impel Down escapees were able to pass through the Gates of Justice.
- Blackbeard reveals his reason for becoming a Shichibukai and resigns in front of Sengoku after using the Shichibukai's privileges.
- It is revealed that Roger told Whitebeard the meaning of the initial "D".
- It is confirmed by Whitebeard that One Piece exists.
- A gigantic war is predicted to come that will engulf the entire world once One Piece is found.
- The Strongest Man in the World, Edward Newgate, also known as Whitebeard, dies at the hands of the Blackbeard Pirates, making this the second death of a major character outside of a flashback.
- first introduction