|This article about a manga chapter is a stub. You can help the One Piece Wiki by expanding it.|
Chapter 48 is titled "Leave That Path Alone".
Buggy's Crew: After the Battle! Vol. 10: "Parting with a Formidable Enemy".
Knowing that Zeff is an infamous former pirate that returned from the Grand Line safely, Don Krieg desires to steal his journal but the Baratie chefs are ready to protect their restaurant. Gen reveals that Hawk-Eye is responsible for decimating Krieg's fleet.
Don Krieg tells the story of Zeff the Red Leg: once a famous pirate, both chef and captain, his main ability was a powerful kick which gave him his surname. He was supposed to have died in an accident, but he only lost a leg which made him unable to fight anymore and forced him to retire as a pirate, and become a chef of a restaurant instead.
Since Zeff once traveled into the Grand Line and returned safely, Krieg wants Zeff's journal. However, he will have to take it by force since Zeff decides not to hand it over, given his feelings to this memento of his former life.
When Krieg states that Zeff's journal will give him the information he lacked when he first tried to enter the Grand Line, eventually making him the pirate king, this leads to a funny scene with Luffy stating in front of a taken aback bunch of people that he will be the one to be the Pirate King.
Krieg then leaves the restaurant to feed his crew, leaving the chefs the choice to flee or die. They decide to protect the Baratie, since it is the only place where they are accepted. Meanwhile, Gin apologizes for his captain's behavior and tells them the fierceness of Grand Line since their crew was almost annihilated with just one man whose eyes were like a hawk.
- Zeff got his epithet, the Red Leg, from his powerful kicks.
- Zeff was a chef and a captain back during his pirate days.
- Zeff was supposed to have died in an accident, but only lost his leg resulting in an inability to fight and retired as a chef restaurant.
- Zeff once entered the Grand Line and returned safely and wrote a journal about his time. Don Krieg wants the journal so he can learn more about the Grand Line and go through it again.
- Krieg's crew was almost destroyed by a man with the eyes of a hawk on his seventh day into the Grand Line.
- first appearance
- Episode 23 (p. 2-19)
|Buggy's Crew: After the Battle!|
|Manga Chapters (covers)|