- Not to be confused with Pudding's cafe of a similar name.
Mother Carmel is a mysterious person associated with Charlotte Linlin. Details about her are unknown; Capone Bege and Charlotte Chiffon guessed that she might be a benefactor of Big Mom that went missing.
During every tea party, Big Mom places a picture of Carmel across from her at the table. If Carmel's picture is damaged, Big Mom will enter a psychological crisis, which will render her able to be physically injured. Reportedly, this information is privy only to the Charlotte Family.
In her portrait, Carmel is shown as an older woman with a large face and a square-shaped jawline. She has wavy light hair and wears lipstick. She wears dark robes similarly to nuns like Miss Catherina. She was seen holding a cigarette in her hand.
- Carmel's name may be a reference to the Carmelites, a religious order known for selling sweets in Japan, which corresponds with Carmel's nun-like outfit and title of "Mother". The sweets connection also matches the Big Mom Pirates and Charlotte Family food theme.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga — Chapter 861, Carmel is first seen in a portrait.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga — Chapter 859, Carmel is first mentioned.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 863 (p. 12), Katakuri interrogates how Luffy knew of the portrait's significance.