It was built to appease the island's new protector, Yonko Big Mom. It produces "Sweet Candy" for her. In order for Fishman Island to remain protected by Big Mom, ten tons of Sweet Candy must be paid to her every month. The candy is apparently so delicious that Luffy even thinks it puts meat to shame. It is located in Candy Factory Town (おかし工場の町 Okashi Kōjō no Machi?) on the northwest side of Fishman Island. The town itself technically appeared in the same chapter as the factory, but was not named until in Chapter 620. The factory consists of multiple buildings, but it is unknown if it makes up the whole town. Each building is ovular, with four pillars built into it for support. The overall base resembles that of a coliseum. On top of the base, there is a dome with a spire protruding at the top. There are several smoke stacks coming out of the base. The end of each smoke stack resembles a barrel. The top of the spire also resembles a barrel. Big Mom's jolly roger is advertised on the side of it.
As for the candy manufactured, they appear to be quite huge. Large enough to be tucked into a person's arm. It was stated that the factory uses sophisticated machines of corresponding size to produce the sweets. They are of so high quality that one of the Yonko, Big Mom, eagerly awaits them every month.
During the New Fishman Pirates' rebellion, Daruma chewed through the wall of one of the buildings to satisfy his aching teeth, leaving wavy lines to show where he bit. Daruma's chewing ultimately resulted in the collapse of one of the buildings. The Minister of the Left claimed that it would take two weeks to repair, and cannot make it in time for their monthly tribute.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 62 Chapter 610 and Episode 528, Pappug explains the reason the Candy Factory came to be.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 66 Chapter 650 and Episode 570, Luffy says how much he likes the candy.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 620, Factory Town is officially named, when the townspeople were forced to step on Otohime's fumi-e.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 64 Chapter 629 and Episode 550, Daruma chews through the walls of the Candy Factory.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 66 Chapter 651, Minister of the Right claimed that it would take two weeks to repair the machines.