Cacao Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It was run by Lola, the former "Minister of Chocolate" (チョコレート大臣 Chokorēto Daijin?); because of her departure, the island is currently without a Minister. It is the first island of the Charlotte Family siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
Chocolat Town (ショコラタウン Shokora Taun?) has many things made out of chocolate, such as the houses, fountains, hot springs, and even clothes. Windows are under the jurisdiction of the candy chancellor and pillars the biscuit chancellor. It is legal to eat any of the chocolate structures with the exception of the roofs. Another exception is when "dismantlers" are hired to eat the building before the material expires. When a building is being dismantled, a sign must be put up to alert the public. Items that aren't chocolate are either personal belongings or items for public usage. They also seem to have chocolate variants of non-chocolate foods such as burgers, pasta and fried chicken.
Caramel (カラメル Karameru?) is a cafe owned by Charlotte Pudding and is next to her house. As with all the other buildings, most of it is made of chocolate, along with marshmallows, jelly beans and almonds. A majority of the building was eaten by Monkey D. Luffy and Tony Tony Chopper, which would have been a crime had Pudding not covered for them.
The Sweets Factory (お菓子工場 Okashi kōjō?) is a large factory where Sanji, Pudding, Chiffon, Buche, and 30 other chefs from Whole Cake Island gathered to make a wedding cake to calm one of Big Mom's craving.
|Lola ‡||Charlotte Pudding||Nitro||Rabiyan||?????|
Less than 62 years ago, Cacao Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look by Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruit powers (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectfully).
Lola was later appointed the minister in charge of this island. After she was arranged to be married to Prince Loki of Elbaf five years ago, she decided to leave and search for a husband on her own.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
The Sanji Retrieval Team docked on Cacao Island for supplies on their way to Whole Cake Island. While there, Monkey D. Luffy and Tony Tony Chopper devoured Charlotte Pudding's café and the Sanji retrieval team encountered Pudding shortly afterwards.
Sometime afterwards, the mystical ingredients for the wedding cake were stored at Chocolat Town. Pudding, in order to stop her mother's food crazed illness, suggested to go use them to make another cake with the help of Charlotte Chiffon. Pudding and Chiffon later informed the Sanji Retrieval Team about their plan and recruited Vinsmoke Sanji to help them make the cake. The three later traveled towards Cocoa Island while the rest of the team lured Big Mom, planning for the two groups to meet halfway as the cooks made their way back with the cake.
Upon arrival, Sanji hid within Rabiyan's folds while Chiffon pretended to be Pudding's prisoner. They proceeded to the "Sweets Factory" where the WCI 31, Whole Cake Island's head chefs, gathered to assist Pudding. Inside the factory, Pudding altered their memories of the Tea Party. With Sanji taking the lead, the chefs began to work on making the substitute wedding cake.
- The name of this island is a reference to Theobroma cacao, the Binomial name of the tree which grow the Cocoa bean, the main ingredient in Chocolate.
- The name of Chocolat Town is also derived from that connection.
- Being a major part of the Big Mom Pirates territory in the New World, the island also share the crew fairy tale and fantasy fiction theme.
- Cacao Island has buildings made out of edible materials similar to the house mentioned in Brothers Grimm's story Hansel and Gretel.
- The edibility of this among all other islands is likewise similar to the "Chocolate Room" of candymaker Willy Wonka from the Roald Dahl novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 2-3) and Episode 785, The Sanji Retrieval Team dock on Cacao Island.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga — Chapter 879 (p. 9-10), Sanji learns about Lola's former position in Totto Land.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 83 Chapter 828 (p. 12) and Episode 787, The Sanji Retrieval Team sees Cacao Island food while getting supplies.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Manga — Chapter 880 (p. 2-10), The cooking team start making the replacement cake on Cacao Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11), Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 858 (p. 8-10), Chiffon reveals Lola's history.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 873 (p. 12-13), Pudding mentions the extra special ingredients.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 876 (p. 10-17), The plan to stop Big Mom's craving is explained.