Cacao Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It is run by the "Minister of Chocolate" (チョコレート大臣 Chokorēto Daijin?). It is the first island of the Charlotte Family siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
Chocolat Town (ショコラタウン Shokora Taun?) has many things made out of chocolate, such as the houses, fountains, hot springs, and even clothes. Windows are under the jurisdiction of the candy chancellor and pillars the biscuit chancellor. It is legal to eat any of the chocolate structures with the exception of the roofs. Another exception is when "dismantlers" are hired to eat the building before the material expires. When a building is being dismantled, a sign must be put up to alert the public. Items that aren't chocolate are either personal belongings or items for public usage. They also seem to have chocolate variants of non-chocolate foods such as burgers, pasta and fried chicken.
Caramel (カラメル Karameru?) is a cafe owned by Charlotte Purin and is next to her house. As with all the other buildings, most of it is made of chocolate, along with marshmallows, jelly beans and almonds. A majority of the building was eaten by Monkey D. Luffy and Tony Tony Chopper, which would have been a crime had Purin not covered for them.
Totto Land ArcEdit
The Sanji retrieval team docked on Cacao Island for supplies on their way to Whole Cake Island. While there, Monkey D. Luffy and Tony Tony Chopper devoured Charlotte Purin's café and the Sanji retrieval team encountered Purin shortly afterwards.
- The name of this island is a reference to Theobroma cacao, the Binomial name of the tree which grow the Cocoa bean, the main ingredient in Chocolate.
- The name of Chocolat Town is also derived from that connection.
- Being a major part of the Big Mom Pirates territory in the New World, the island also share the crew fairy tale and fantasy fiction theme.
- Cacao Island has buildings made out of edible materials similar to the house mentioned in Brothers Grimm's story Hansel and Gretel.
- The edibility of this among all other islands is likewise similar to the "Chocolate Room" of candymaker Willy Wonka from the Roald Dahl novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 827, The Sanji retrieval team dock on Cacao Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 828, The Sanji retrieval team sees Cacao Island food while getting supplies.