The Bezan Black is a simple red and black pirate ship with a black cat as a figurehead, and a pair of ornamental cat claws on the sides. Its hull has a green base. The front part of her keel, along with the figurehead, was torn off by Luffy during his battle against the Black Cat Pirates.
It was the main ship Kuro was captain of, and when Jango took his place he used the same ship. Jango, with his crew, came to Syrup Village with Bezan Black to attack the village and follow Kuro's orders. During the crew's fight against the Straw Hat Pirates the keel was ripped right off by the hypnotized Luffy. The crew eventually left Gecko Islands on the ship when Luffy defeated Kuro, dragging their unconscious comrades back on board.
Though the figurehead keel was torn off by Luffy, in the anime, a new one was added, albeit not repainted.
- In keeping with the cat theme of the pirates, the word "Bezan" is a Persian word; Persian cats are a rare and valuable breed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 3 Chapter 26 and Episode 10, Bezan Black debuts.
- ↑ One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements, The Bezan Black's name is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 4 Chapter 30 and Episode 13, Luffy tears the keel off.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 5 Chapter 40 and Episode 17, The Black Cat Pirates flee back abroad their ship.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 45, The Bezan Black is shown in a cameo when the crew informs Kuro of Luffy's first bounty.