Bandits in the World of One Piece are regarded as the opposite to pirates in terms of views and ideals (and from what is seen in the series, also strength). Unlike pirates, most Bandits tend to harass local villages and towns, rarely traveling to sea and remaining mostly grounded to the landscape they have come to know.
Types of BanditsEdit
The only known groups of bandits are Mountain Bandits (山賊 Sanzoku?), many of whom are based around the Mt. Colubo on Dawn Island. Higuma stated that the differences between the two groups means they do not get along at all with each other. Also they do not represent a major threat to the World Government, as they mainly remain rooted to their home island and the towns of the area, rarely (if ever) setting out to sea. However, that does not mean that they are without infamy: Curly Dadan and her "family", who lived in the same island as Higuma, is stated to have accomplished a number of crimes "as many as the stars in the sky".
|Higuma †||Agotogi||Happa Yamao ‡||Dadan Family||Billy ≠|
|Dick ≠||Hey ≠||Coe ≠||Tay ≠||Wadatsumi ≠|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Vander Decken IX was referred as a bandit of the sea, despite being a pirate. This may be due to the limited area in which he operated.
- One of Higuma's bandits was the first person to be seen die, after being shot by Lucky Roo.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 1 Chapter 1 and Episode 4, Higuma stated the differences between pirates and bandits.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 582 and Episode 491, Garp approaches the Dadan Family and threatened them for their cooperation or face their crimes.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 62 Chapter 610 and Episode 529, Pappug refers Vander Decken IX as a bandit of the sea.