Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Attach, referred to by most as Attachan, and sometimes referred to as "Flaming Attachan", is the captain of the Marine Photography Department. Flaming Attachan apparently received his epithet due to the fact before he closes the shutter he yells "Fire!".
Based on a shadowy appearance, Attach is a short and somewhat elderly man with a grayish-brown mustache. He wears a shirt with green-and-white checkered design with white sleeves, black pants, and a white top hat.
Not much is known about Attach's personality. He did seem surprised when his boss told him the lens cap was on during Sanji's picture, so he might be confident in his skills of photography. He tends to yell "Fire!" just before his camera's shutters close.
Abilities and PowersEdit
He is a skilled photographer, being able to take pictures of most of the Straw Hats with the exception of Nami, whom he had to trick, Sanji when he forgot to take off the camera lenses, and Brook who was believed to be dead for fifty years without them noticing.
Role in Picture TakingEdit
One of the most mysterious things about wanted posters in the series is how the Marines are able to get hold of photos of each criminal. Oda later in one of his SBS reveals the photos are taken by Flaming Attachan. Although originally an SBS joke, Attach has become part of the One Piece character cast, occasionally making appearances from time to time in the story or background scenes.
Post Enies Lobby ArcEdit
While Attach managed to take wanted posters' pictures of the Straw Hat Pirates during their attack on Enies Lobby (though Nami's was taken during their time back in Water 7), he failed to take a proper one for Sanji due to several reasons: in one instance, Sanji was showing his heart face while in another he was under the influence of the Awa Awa no Mi, yet another had his face being blocked out by someone else, and in another shot he was being kicked in the groin at that moment. The picture that was supposed to be his was when they got over the Enies Lobby main island gate was taken with the lens cap on. Attach was telling his superior the great troubles he went through to get the picture for Sanji. Due to this, a poorly drawn portrait was used instead.
- Sanji's photograph error wherein Attach left the cap on is a well known mistake that both professional and amateur photographers make alike, particularly noted with film based cameras; modern digital cameras can detect when the lens is still closed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime - Vol. 45 Chapter 436 and Episode 321, Attach is seen talking with a Marine officer about Sanji's poster picture.
- ↑ SBS questions: One Piece Manga - Vol. 24 Chapter 218, fan question: how do the Marines get a hold of photos of criminals?
- ↑ One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements, Attach's reason of failing to get a proper picture of Sanji.
- ↑ Example of this mistake documented.