Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Atmos is a huge man, roughly the size of Jozu, whose choice of clothing he somehow mirrors: he is dressed in sleeveless gray and golden armor, and wears an old-fashioned Asian-themed gray helmet that has bull horns sticking out of it, that makes him resemble a water buffalo, as per his epithet. He has long, mane-like black hair, reaching down to his waist, and his beard is just as long. He has two teeth resembling those of a walrus, but square-shaped and pointing upwards. On each of his arms, he bears a purple tattooed silhouette of Whitebeard's jolly roger.
He seems to be very loyal to Whitebeard, as he is willing to risk his life to save Ace from his execution.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As the commander of the 13th division of Whitebeard's crew, Atmos has command and responsibility over the pirates within his division. He seems to be quite well known, as Shichibukai Donquixote Doflamingo knew who he was when the two encountered each other on the battlefield.
Atmos carries around two large swords, and can apparently deal devastating blows with them, as seen when under Doflamingo's control, he attacked and defeated several of his own men and even destroyed their weapons. In the anime he could even block bullets that were shot from rifles to protect his allies.
Summit War SagaEdit
Atmos arrived at Marineford along with the rest of the commanders, with the intention of rescuing Ace. Seeing Doflamingo laughing at Little Oars Jr.'s sacrifice, Atmos and his men confronted the Shichibukai. However, before they could do anything, Atmos found himself being controlled by the Shichibukai. He was then forced to fight his own men, who were all very surprised and tried to stop him without hurting him.
Eventually he was freed from Doflamingo's control, and continued on with the battle. He made it onto the black paddle ship and was later seen standing next to his fellow Whitebeard Pirates.
Atmos is seen later along with some other division commanders and Jinbe taking a defensive line behind Whitebeard to cover him. He is last seen along with Marco and Vista, looking in shock as Akainu's fist penetrates Ace's body. He later cries and mourns over the death of Whitebeard. He joins his crewmembers, ready to fight Akainu. This battle was never shown, but he is shown to be unharmed later on. Upon the arrival of Shanks and Sengoku calling the war to a close, he and the rest of Whitebeard's crew left.
He, along with the rest of the crew attended Whitebeard's and Ace's funeral at an undisclosed location somewhere in the New World.
During the TimeskipEdit
One year after the war at Marineford, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates fought against the Blackbeard Pirates but ultimately lost. They went into hiding and have not been seen since their defeat.
- Whitebeard Pirates and their subordinate crews vs. the Marines and Shichibukai
- Whitebeard Pirates (under Marco) vs. Blackbeard Pirates (unseen, during timeskip)
- He has a water buffalo theme.
- He has been seen with and without his long, mane-like black hair in different shots.
- His name in Greek(Ατμός) means steam
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime - Vol. 57 Chapter 553 and Episode 461, Atmos is seen moving out along with the other division commanders.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 One Piece Manga and Anime - Vol. 57 Chapter 556 (p. 7) and Episode 465, Atmos is seen moving out along with the other division commanders.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 21), His birthday is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime - Vol. 57 Chapter 556 and Episode 465, Atmos is controlled by Doflamingo.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime - Vol. 58 Chapter 566 and Episode 475, Atmos is seen free along with the other commanders.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 820.