This page lists all animal species encountered in the Fishman Island Saga.
Kraken (クラーケン Kurāken?) is a massive, boneless, octopus-like creature several hundred times larger than the Thousand Sunny. Unlike a regular octopus, it has a turtle-like head without a beak between the arms. It is also known as the "Monster of the Arctic" (北極の怪物 Hokkyoku no Kaibutsu?). The only seen example of one is Surume, who was introduced in Chapter 604. Hody Jones went all the way to the North Pole to kidnap Surume for his use, due to its fearsome power, he only managed to keep it under control by holding its brothers, family and species as hostages. Some can have an estimated length of 300m (984').
When the Straw Hats first encounter one on their way to Fishman Island, several crushed pirate ships can be seen between its massive tentacles, indicating that it feeds on the ships and crew it pulls down into the ocean. Caribou recites a story about it, calling it "the enemy of the human race" and that it "never knows satisfaction where killing is concerned". He found it odd that one would be living near the Red Line. Hody also mentioned that, as a legendary creature, a Kraken can be sold for a high price, even if dead. It is unknown if these tales of its ruthlessness are true, as the one encountered by the Straw Hats was entirely pleasant once they befriended him, its possible his violent actions before were done merely at Hody's whim.
Sea Rhinoceros, Sea Gorilla, Sea Elephant, and Sea GiraffeEdit
Sea Turtle ElevatorEdit
The Sea Turtle Elevator (ウミガメエレベーター Umigame Erebētā?) is a large turtle that has been tamed by the people of Fishman Island. It is used by the people (though most likely mainly by humans) to ferry them from the lower levels of the Coral Mansions to the surface and back again. The turtle's shell is large enough for several average-sized humans to stand on comfortably and has a bubble covering it which holds air for humans to breath.
Fish Taxi and Fish BusEdit
The Fish Taxi (お魚タクシー Osakana Takushī?) is a large fish able to hover over land, thanks to a coating bubble, and swim in the sea and is used as transportation to cross both terrains. The coating bubble is on its back, with seats aligning it's dorsal fin. It also wears a hat. There is also the Fish Bus (お魚バス Osakana Basu?) which is used to go around the Island in a similar manner to a regular bus.
The Long Flounder (長ヒラメ Naga Hirame?) is a species of fish which has been trained and employed by the Ryugu Palace. Like a normal flounder, it is very flat, with both its eyes on the dorsal side, and it's mouth on the opposite. However, as it's name suggests, it is very long like an eel. Furthermore, it is large enough to carry several people on one side. After applying a coating bubble to the dorsal side, it is used as a platform to hold air-breathing humans while hosting events and parties in an underwater environment.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 62 Chapter 606 and Episode 526, Vander Decken IX calls the kraken "Monster of the Arctic".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 64 Chapter 636 (p. 15-16) and Episode 557, Hody threatens to kill Surume's brothers if he disobeys any further, and threatens to sell him, dead or alive, for a high price.
- ↑ One Piece 15th Anniversary: Dive to Grand World (p. 14).
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 62 Chapter 608 and Episode 527, Keimi taking the Straw Hats to ride a Sea Turtle Elevator.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 616 and Episode 535, Robin riding a Fish Bus to Sea Forest.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 66 Chapter 649 and Episode 569, the Straw Hats residing inside a Long Flounder during the party.