Amazon was the elderly gatekeeper of Skypiea and informer at the entrance to Skypiea known as Heaven's Gate. She let people in even if they could not pay her extol toll, but purposely failed to tell those who did not pay about the consequences for entering the city.
Amazon is a short very elderly woman with an extensively wrinkled face. She has purple hair, put into two buns. She has thin arms, and wears a pink tunic, and has small white wings on her back like all Skypieans.
After the time skip, Amazon has part of her hair put into two buns, and part hanging down. She is also wearing lipstick.
Mostly she seems to care about nothing. She explains to the Straw Hats that she is not a warrior and if they refused to pay the toll she would not try to stop them from entering. Her calm demeanor remained even when she found herself flooded with people fleeing to the Blue Sea in a panic. While she did not refuse to answer the Straw Hats questions, she neglected to them vital information about Skypiea's currency, Extol, or the consequences of not paying the toll to enter.
Sky Island SagaEdit
When the Straw Hat Pirates arrived in the sky, they found their way to Heaven's Gate. Amazon appeared before them and took photos of each of them with her Vision Dial. The Straw Hats first mistook her for an angel, commenting on how wrinkly she is at the same time. Amazon explained the rules for entering Skypiea and asked for an immigration fee of 1,000,000,000 - equal to 100,000 - per person.
Fishman Island SagaEdit
From the Decks of the WorldEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 26 Chapter 238 and Episode 153, Amazon makes her debut.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 One Piece Manga — Vol. 65 Chapter 645, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 28.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 23), Her birthday is revealed.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 28 Chapter 262 (p. 4-6) and Episode 172.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 31 Chapter 286 (p. 2) and Episode 186.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 300 and Episode 193.