| Ahoy! This here is the 168th Featured Article.
"Aisa" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
Aisa is a small Shandia girl. She wears a fur dress and cap. In the manga, her dress and cap are yellow and the in lines are white. The side cloth of her cap is also green. She has short brown hair, which Laki suggests she should grow out to become more ladylike. In the anime, her dress is brown, and her cap is yellow-white, with white cloth on the sides. In the anime she runs around in bare feet, but in the manga, wears sandals and is only barefoot while receiving a haircut from Laki. She also carries a tan satchel, with yellow buckles.
Sometimes, in the manga or anime, she wears a yellow dress with matching sandals, and has her hair accessorized with a hairclip.
Two years later, she has grown significantly. She is much taller and her wings have become slightly larger as well. She is seen wearing a Rubber Band Land cap. She also followed Laki's suggestion as her hair is now longer and in pigtails.
Since she was born, she had the ability known as "mantra". Because of this, she hates it when people die and will try anything to stop it, even rushing into danger without any plans on what to do. Aisa wants to be a strong fighter like everyone else but is afraid of Wiper, though she warms up to him eventually. Aisa is a bit of a tomboy as she reacted with disgust when Laki suggested she grow her hair longer because it would look cute on her.
Aisa is good friends with Laki and tends to bring her gifts like bags of dirt, which are considered holy and are called Vearth in the sky. Laki may actually be her cousin since she calls Aisa's mother "aunt" (おばさん obasan?), although the terms is often used out of respect for elderly.
Straw Hat PiratesEdit
When Aisa first met the Straw Hats, she thought they were a threat to her people, so she was ready to fight them. During the war against Enel, she warmed up to them, especially Luffy, when he and the others risked their lives to save everyone. After Luffy defeated Enel, Aisa saw them as heroes just like the rest of the Skypeians and the Shandians. After the Straw Hats ran away after a misunderstanding, Aisa was the only one that got to say goodbye to them and she thanked them for saving the island. Aisa's relationship with Luffy is so strong that she sees him as a role model and dreams of becoming a warrior like him someday.
Abilities and Powers Edit
- Further information: Haki/Kenbunshoku Haki
Aisa was born with the ability known as Mantra (later revealed to be a kind of Haki), which gave her a sixth sense of the world around her. She can sense when people die as well as the feelings of others. She was able to tell where Enel was, despite the latter traveling at lightning speed.
Aisa was often seen carrying a burn blade as protection for herself. She has used it on several occasions to threaten others but she is never shown using it in actual combat.
Skypiea Arc Edit
Survival Game Edit
Where They Are Now Edit
Two Years Later Edit
From the Decks of the World Edit
So far she has only appeared in the One Piece Super Deformed Figures merchandise series.
- Aisa (秋沙) means "merganser" (a type of sea-duck), continuing the trend of female characters sharing names with birds.
- Her relationship with Laki is often misunderstood.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 21), her birthday is revealed.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 65 Chapter 646, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 29, Aisa is seen after the timeskip.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 212), Isa's name is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 28 Chapter 256, Laki calls Aisa's mother "obasan".
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 28 Chapter 264 and Episode 173, Aisa's mantra is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 44 Chapter 424, cover: Where They Are Now, Conis, Norla, Aisa and Laki taking a walk.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 32, fan Question: Does Aisa's name come from a bird?